Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shiny, Blinding, Pearly Whites

I was flipping thru all of my coupons last night looking for a coupon for an at home whitening kit. All I had was a $3.00 of coupon for a certain toothpaste brand's at home whitening kit. That was still putting it over $25.00. Not good enough for me. I have used just about every tooth whitening product on the market at some point in my life and have never been truly satisfied with the results. I discussed professional whitening with my dentist and he said that the cost would outweigh the benefits.



My mom used to be into all of the herbal stuff (legal stuff, echinacea, alfalfa, and such) back in the day. So I figured that there has to be some kind of home remedy for white teeth. I've heard of rubbing strawberries and orange peels on your teeth but I didn't have either of those in my kitchen. There was a blog online about people trying different things to whiten their teeth. Someone had mentioned rubbing olive oil on your teeth and it works immediately. Yeah right. Ok kooks.



This morning I had nothing better to do than to whip out the olive oil and give it a shot. I poured some olive oil a bowl and grabbed a white (apparently it must be white for some reason). Five minutes later, my teeth are the whitest they have ever been!!



This is what you need:



Small bowl

White washcloth

One tablespoon of olive oil (I used extra virgin)

Five minutes



Brush your teeth first with toothpaste. Pour the olive oil into the bowl and dip your finger wrapped in the washcloth in it. Scrub your teeth with the olive oil coated washcloth for five minutes. Reapply as needed.
In the 2nd picture, the lighting is off. But this avid tea drinker's streaks are no longer there.


This is my mouth. I am obsessed with black cherry soda. Can't tell now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin law suit