Friday, October 16, 2009

Cheap Thrills at Ross


Am I all about grocery shopping? Not at all. I really do love having a food supply that will last 2-3 months. That’s not so bad. Shopping in general has always been one of my favorite hobbies. A few years ago – I would not be caught dead in a Ross, Marshall’s, or the like. Now, Ross is one of my favorite places to go. I practically grew up in Neiman Marcus; that was my mom’s favorite place to shop and I loved it too. Their toy selection was to die for and the majority of my dresses came from there. So, it was only natural for me to continue shopping there. I continued when I was pregnant with my son because I had a pram and I wanted my son to have the Ferrari of strollers (sorry Cadillac, you didn’t make the cut) with the damn stroller that was more than my car payment and half of my house payment. BTW – their Christmas Wish Book is out now if you want to drool…drooling is OK. Caving is not. Ok, back on track ladies and gentlemen, really “earth to Emme!!” I am no longer in that position to shop like that anymore. My son got the best when I could financially give it to him and I had the time for him b/c I was a stay-at-home-mom, not all it’s cracked up to be, really a boring life for me, personally.

I was in Ross a few weeks back scouring the racks of tops when I came across this little piece of heaven (ok, really it was a cart-full of heaven an hour later). It was a Michael Kors puffy sleeved black crossover knit top for TWENTY SIX DOLLARS! My jaw dropped. $26.00 for MICHAEL KORS?!?! Was this a mistake? Nope, and I wasn’t dreaming either. That was an $80.00 shirt. Um, Neiman Marcus who? Then, I stumbled on a pair of $78.00 Kenneth Cole pants for $24.00. It was amazing; I felt like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music and Dorothy seeing the Emerald City all rolled into one giant ball of happiness. I just wish I could find shoes there.
Target, another wonderful place. Isaac Mizrahi – need I say more? I loved him. I loved everything he designed, I wanted all of it. But I was 16, 17 yrs old; things were different then, couldn’t afford it. Thanks to Target, Isaac’s designs are affordable and they are quality pieces. I have a few pieces from there and I must say, thread is thread at the end of the day and this is clearly ISAAC.

Do not be afraid to scour the racks at Ross or other discount retailers. It may take a while, so start your day with a strong cup of black java.


Hugs, Kisses, and Deep Discount Designer Dreams!!


Emme



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin law suit