Monday, November 23, 2009

You want me to pay WHAT?!?!?!

I was really excited about trying something new. I love smoothies. I will replace a few meals with them occasionally – not a fan of high calorie ones though...

Yoplait has come out with smoothie mixes in the freezer section. Grabbed a few Sunday papers and clipped the Yoplait smoothie coupons - I really wanted to try it; that is, until I saw the price and what they were selling. A bag of frozen, over priced fruit. WHAT? $3 and change for a small bag of fruit? Insane. I can add my own fruit to a cup of milk and call it a smoothie.

My take: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Remedy: Walk over to the produce section and buy real fruit. Search the circulars to see who is selling bananas, blueberries, etc cheap and freeze it yourself.

I bought a couple of pounds of bananas, chopped them up, divided them into equal parts, and they are sitting in my freezer begging to be a part of my next smoothie.

You could do this with any fruit your heart desires.

Enjoy and please do not over pay for frozen fruit!!!


Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin law suit